The blessed month of Ramadan has begun and the heat wave is continuing in most parts of the country.

In this case, fasting increases the risk of dehydration, which is why it is important to include things in the diet that can prevent dehydration.

Let us tell you about some fruits and vegetables that can be part of the diet in Ramadan to keep the body hydrated.

Summer fruit watermelon is not only good in taste but it also provides nutrition to the body in many ways. It contains 92% water which gives proper hydration to the body.
In addition, watermelon contains many nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, potassium and magnesium that can easily make up for the lack of water in the fruit.

Pumpkin contains up to 90% water and the remaining 10% fiber. Also, pumpkin does not contain carbohydrates at all, so it can be included in the diet during fasting.

Pumpkin contains many types of proteins, vitamins and salts. It also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Zinc. You can also eat pumpkin as a juice or pudding.

Papaya is a summer fruit that is easily available in the markets of Sindh. This fruit is easy to eat and delicious while it also removes dehydration from the body.

Papaya contains vitamins A, C and B, calcium, iron and phosphorus.

Bananas are considered to be very good for hydration as they contain 74% water.

Bananas are high in potassium and fiber, which help strengthen the immune system as well as keep you healthy during fasting.

The same properties are found in raw bananas which are also made into curry in some areas.